I’ll let you in on my story…
All my life, I’ve been constantly chasing the next adventure, or the next deep conversation.
I’ve travelled to 17 countries (and I’ll never be ready to stop traveling)! I was obsessed with documenting my adventures with photos (and I’d cover every inch of my bedroom walls with them).
In fact, when I got my camera stolen in Peru because someone crawled under the bus seat and cut my backpack open to steal it, the only thing that stopped me from crying about the lost photos was the fact that at the end of the bus ride I was sipping a beer on the beach…
When I got married I knew I was starting the most exciting adventure of my life.
Becoming a wife and then a mama, I felt my life fill with purpose and love, and I never got any less obsessed with documenting the adventure in the most true and beautiful way I could. So I had to master a really great camera and that’s what really got me started in photography.
I still remember the feeling of looking through the family photos we had done when my little Rose was just a one-year-old. The emotions that welled up within me. I truly saw the love we felt towards each other completely emanating from each of us- something I never would have been able to see without that photo session. I truly felt immense gratitude for my family and our story.
I could see that I was still beautiful and important and my identity was not lost in my role as a mom, this role had just molded me into a better version of myself.
I wanted Rose to know this version of herself, and this version of me.
THAT is what made me so passionate about family photography- I know the value of that feeling and those realizations. I want that for all moms, for all families.
The thing is, the way our toddler cuddles into us, or the way we laugh with our 5-year-old- we won’t be able to get those moments back no matter how much we ache for them. It is so difficult to get phone photos to do the moments justice. I want to tell your story for you to relive 10 years from now, and for your great grandchildren to relive 100 years from now.
I believe you deserve expertly taken photos that will preserve the way your love feels RIGHT NOW. Photos that can be hung in your home to constantly fill your heart with gratitude and joy.
I would love to connect with you and hear your own story- I love to listen and to document the truth and beauty that I see in every family I work with.
A few facts about me:
- I’m an extrovert and feel like I am exploding with energy after being around people.
- Most days you’ll find me home with my three girlies, going through our daily rhythms together (usually while listening to Frozen music), going on little adventures, and working like crazy on this passion of mine whenever they sleep.
- I love serving the world by helping moms to feel beautiful, realize they are worthy of whatever they wish for, and that they are enough.
- I love deep topics and live for “heart to hearts.” I’ve filled about 10 journals with my deep thoughts and some of my favourite moments were spent sipping tea with a close friend while we truly shared our hearts with each other.
- I love decorating/designing my home, it’s all white and full of things that I think create a warm and peaceful feeling. I’m always trying to find a balance between my love for minimalism and my desire for a super cozy, welcoming home.
- I cannot go a day without coffee. I cannot. Hazelnut creamer preferred.
1. FILL OUT THE CONTACT FORM
We’ll chat and I’ll learn a bit about you and what your hopes are for your session. We’ll set a date and book you in!
2. YOUR SESSION WILL BE RELAXED & MEANINGFUL
I’ll guide you through your entire session, just show up and love your family!
3. YOU’LL HAVE ARTWORK OF YOUR LOVE
I want to show you the love around you and the beauty within you through your photos. You’ll receive digital files of your photos with an option to easily print them to hang in your home.